Monday, February 25, 2008

Who's the Whore?

We have a new addition in our cult – no, I am NOT pregnant.

By cult, I mean the yellow cult. All members of this cult agree emphatically that this is not a place for the common man. This is a place meant for a few who can survive. The common thread is the eccentricity. If you are sane, sorry dude, hard luck ahead! Sorry, that’s not the story, I am digressing.

So the gentleman, who is the main character here, has been with us for almost 2 months now. He truly believes that he knows it all, and what we do is irrelevant and inefficient.
This is I will change the world attitude, as I call it.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I like people with “I can change the world” attitude, but then I also like people with substance. I am digressing again. Damn! That's what happens when you talk too much!

No – I don’t dislike this man for the lack of substance. He has some of that. I dislike him for the title above, and the story below.

We were all standing and doing some chit chat (coffee time), when this gentleman says out of the blue – “she’s a whore”. I was like – excuse me. So he repeats – “yeah yeah she is whore. She would sleep with anyone”. Now this gentleman isn't a bum chum, not a "good fren", not even a friend for that matter, so it was shocking that he thought he could talk to me like that!!!

I was about to ask him how exactly was that any of his business, but decided against it, given that he is a senior colleague. (I know I know, it is verrrry unlike me.. but I am trying to break away from the bitchy image, you see).

Now the woman in the conversation is not someone I am fond of. She is under the “insignificant” types in my categorization. But this comment, I REALLY didn’t like. Not that I was very fond of this gentleman anyways, but THIS…..... this is clearly something which dropped him to the "write off" listing in my classification of human beings.

I mean, come on… we all sleep with someone (some more than the others). We sleep with people for different reasons. If we sleep for love, chances are that we will continue sleeping with the same person all our lives. Or atleast the plural is serial in order, and not parallel, given that it is absolutely human to fall out of love, and in love with someone else.

Some sleep for money…
Some for publicity…
Some for fame…
Some for thrill…
Some out of lust…
Some for lifestyle…
And some for reasons best known to them.

But is that any of your business, dude? She doesn’t even care about what you think and what you have to say. Infact she doesn't even know that you exist. And here you are, racking your brains on who she is sleeping with? Gimme a break!!! Maybe you are thinking you might get lucky! Or whatever… like I care!


So who’s the whore here?

2 comments:

rayshma said...

i read the title and thot u're gonna have us guessing on who's the whore in the yellow cult! HAHAHA!!

also, i sleep bcoz i like. to sleep, i mean.

and u shud also do a post on those who survived the cult and managed to break free.. it takes more gumption than it seems.
also, i now, officially *and if u publish this, then publicly* denounce the cult.

long comment. u won't disown me, will u?

Suruchi said...

this is so unfair!!watever it is u can't really call someone a whore out of the blue!! the cult is getting all wrng ppl! feels bad :(!