Sunday, March 09, 2008

Expert comments, please

There is this someone I am particularly fond of.. I genuinely like him.. (Now now, don't get ideas... that's got nothing to do with THAT kind of liking).. I like this person for the honesty in his personality... he is SO himself. I like the way he talks (again, he isn't like those "big picture" charismatic people that I usually like)

I don't meet him often.. don't get a chance to.. but I like to believe that we are on decent terms. And some ages ago we had agreed that we gotta go out for dinner (he owes me one).

Now the problem is... everytime I ask him to join me when I am going for dinner (which is once every few months) he has some excuse. This happened for the 4th time now. I even asked him if he had a problem going out with me!!!!!!! And he said, "Nautanki mat kar"

Every time he has a new excuse, and it sounds absolutely genuine to me.. but still... don't you think it's too much of a coincidence to be true.. no?

I have some theories:

1. He isn't fond of me .. but then, given his honesty, I would believe that he will tell me that!!
2. It's a genuine coincidence..
3. I intimidate him... (nah!!!.. I am sweet)
4. He is too polite to refuse.. (nah, he isn't THAT sophisticated!!)

I dunno....
Expert comments, please!

9 comments:

rayshma said...

do u think that by asking experts to comment, u can stop me from commenting?!

Suruchi said...

who is this!!!!

MJS said...

Resh, Yes I thought I could keep you from commenting, but it was a stupid try, wasn't it?


Suruchi, Now Now... I am not telling you, who this is, unless you give me YOUR theories on why would someone NOT go out for dinner with me ;)

P.S. I dont promise to tell u the name later!

rayshma said...

yes. very stupid!
me love commenting. :D
also, i COULD have given u lots of theories on why someone would NOT go out for dinner with u. but u clearly don't want my theories. hmph! :P

Suruchi said...

well babes...few reasons -Why someone won't go out on a dinner (date) with u:

1. he is scared that u will not let him speak

2. he thinks he is too good to be seen arnd with u ;)

3. he prefers a quiet dinnner at home(try inviting him over at ur place and cook food for him! Huh!)

4. he is scared of vik

5. He prefers working for d cult over dinner with u

6. He hates food.

7. He is like ashu, doesnt know how to talk over dinner...so thinks its useless..

8. You can rather take him out for a coffee (or drink)

can help with few more...if u feel this is insufficent data!

MJS said...

Suruchi,
1st - Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you.
2nd - my comments on your comments, below:

1. Possible... afterall I am the one who will do the intelligent talking (and all the talking!) :D

2. nah! I have only known the kinds who will kill to be seen with me ;).. but i agree, this one is different!

3. HUH!! You want me to call him home!! and COOK FOR HIM!!!! What's wrong with you? Had a fight with VS?

4. He doesn't know Viks.. he he

5. He doesn't work for the cult!!! Lucky bum!

6. He is a glutton!

7. Yeah agree... he doesn't know what to talk .. leave alone on a dinner date!

8. I prefer drinks to coffee :D

And no, this ISN'T insufficient data!!

rayshma said...

one good reason y u shudn't kill suruchi: bcoz then i'll have to fly down to india to kill u.
let the man be! itna bhav dogii toh obviously nahi aayega! u shud know that by now, no?

MJS said...

Resh, thats not good enuf a reason!!!
and I have decided that I will NOT ask him out anymore, aana hai to khud hi aayega!

Anonymous said...

arre .... haven't seen your blog for a while (busy with work was the only reason ...) and it seems lots have happened since then ...need to catch up with you to understand what all has happened in last one month ...
For the reasons of some one not wanting to have dinner with you, he might be more interested in having coffee with you ... he must have seen the coffee advt - lot can happen over coffee ... and you know exactly what I mean by connecting dots ;)