Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Blogger skins

I have been seeing a lot of blog skin changes on the ones that I visit regularly. I have been tempted all along with these sexy looking skins, and so today I decided to change mine as well (NO, not MY skin, my blog's I mean)

I am a blogging illiterate, so I went and searched on how to change blogger skin. Luckily I found this site
http://freeskins.blogspot.com/

OK, that's not funny.. I really did search for this and then realized like an idiot, that this link is available on the blogs which have new skins :S

Anyway, so I clicked on the link and stared at awe at all the lovely designs. It took me a while to chose the one which I liked. After this difficult task was done, there was a mammoth task ahead - changing the skin. I told u, I am a blogging illiterate.
I read all directions, and do's and dont's and finally managed to download the code for my new skin.

But as you will notice, my blog looks just the same - I haven't changed it.
That's coz I couldn't get myself to change the way my blog looks. It felt to me exactly like ditching VS for someone more handsome!

I love my blog the way it is - however plain and simple (it may even be called boring). But this plain and simple (and boring) blog has given me company in my good and bad times, AND in my worst times. It has never probed about what's wrong, it has patiently waited for me to come back to it and pour my heart out. It has been my confidante and friend; it has seen the change in me from good to bad to worse and never judged me. I cannot change anything about it. I love it just the way it is.

I will not say that I will never change anything about this blog... who knows ... but today I won't.

5 comments:

rayshma said...

r u sure that's the real reason?! i think u just cudn't figure out how to change it... heehhe!!! :D
p.s.: i want to change MY skin... but no money! :(

MJS said...

he he! Yeah I agree that couldn't figure it out! But then I also didn't think that it was worth the time that I put in to figure out how to do it, given that I couldn't let go of my old blog skin!

rayshma said...

liar liar! pants on fire! :P
if someone gets the spelling of illiteracy wrong, is the person still entitled to being called literate? eh?! ;)

MJS said...

HA HA HA .. just saw that..corrected..
BTW.. don't you know by now, that I can even get the spelling of "the" wrong.. I always type it as "teh"..

Anonymous said...

umm... i also do that... :(
not signing in now... so u better know... this is still me! :P
- R.