Saturday, February 02, 2008

Adventures of Venom - 13!!

Day 13 - 24th November 2007
--------------------------------------------

The day began lazy and relaxed (for me, VS was already dressed to leave by the time I was brushing my teeth). Had breakfast, while VS was busy drooling over my cousin's bike - it's a 1978 bullet completely restored. VS spent a generous 30 minutes talking about the bike and the whats and wheres and hows of it.

We left around 10:30 AM, saying our good byes and promising to call as soon as we reached and the regular stuff. The journey was regular and boring. The trip was almost over and we were heading back to Mumbai now – home sweet home.

We stopped by at a road side dhaba for lunch, and then later for some tea / coffee. I have no snaps left of this day expect one or two – But I am sure nothing mentionable happened. I remember feeding 2 puppies at the dhaba where we stopped by for coffee, and the dhaba owner giving me dirty looks. I assumed he was annoyed coz I was feeding dogs in his joint. But then suddenly, he decided that he had had enough, and blew a whistle - both the dogs went running to him, and he told them to sit quietly, which they obeyed!!! OK. The dogs were his, and he was annoyed at me for feeding them junk!!! ooopppss.. what an embarrasment!

We decided to click on last snap - to mark the near end of our journey. We reached mumbai at around 7:00 PM, but to get to our home took us another 2 hours - so much for the traffic jams!!!! We were dead tired when we reached home. We were supposed to attend a wedding reception at a dear friend's place, which I called and cancelled given our conditions. My fren decided to hang up on me, which left me with no choice but to get dressed and leave for the reception. When we reached there, it was clear that itas a good decision to come!!!! We danced our hearts out (it was a punju wedding after all!!).

The day ended at 2:00 AM - the evening made up for the lack of action during the day!!!
------------------------------
Day 13 ends, trip ends. Total kms done - 3560.

No comments: