Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What if......

This thought stems from a discussion, with RS, about my previous post. After the (brief) discussion, I went back and read what I had put down. When you read your own thoughts at a later date, it gives you an eerie feeling – at least it gave me one – I thought of so many things.... maybe I could have put it in a better manner, or maybe I could put my thoughts more clearly, this doesn't quite convey what I feel...maybe I could have done this.. or that... it's exactly the “better” syndrome that I wrote about.

I wanted to add to my earlier thoughts (whom I am trying to justify to: is it RS? Is it H or is it just myself?). It's kinda funny how we spend all our lives justifying each action (or reaction) to ourselves and yet we are never convinced with what we do. Blame it on my MPD.

RS believes (hopelessly romantic that she is) that there exists “The One” for you and you 'just know' when you are with your soul-mate. I agree with you. I never said that there isn't a soul mate. All I am asking is this (hopelessly practical that I am), isn't there a possibility of this “The One” coming in your life in plural? I firmly believe that it's a real possibility. You meet someone, you fall in love (I have never figured out what LOVE really means, though. In My opinion it is just a mix of passion, compatibility and willingness to be with each other – but that's a different topic, so I will avoid it here), and you want to spend your life with him. You “just know” that he is “The One”. And you live happily ever after. Good for you.
BUT.....WHAT IF, you found your 'The One' and it didn't work out with him? Would you never feel the same again, for anyone else? Would you never think that there is someone who is your soul-mate? AND, if you could feel the same twice, then probably I am not so wrong in thinking that there are more than one “Mr. Right” for you, in this world.

I have believed that at any point in time, there exist more than one people, whom you could possibly fall in love with. So what is it, that determines whom you will spend your life with? Maybe, nothing else but time. Its only about the timing when you came across your 'The One'. But that does not deny the existence of another person, somewhere in this world, who could have been with you, if not for this one. SO – you will always come across someone better(or similiar), its just a matter of when you want to stop looking!

If life could run in parallel threads, one under each “use-case” (it is a pity that technology still cannot apply the concepts of multi-threading, to human lives!!!!!) and I could isolate myself from events and supervise the progress of my life in each thread, decision making would be a lot easier. Whether or not I could take the right decision then, I'll never know.

Life is simple... and it is complex.. its how to see it..

Life is like a cigarette.. the label 'Lights', 'Ultra Lights' or 'Mild' is not indicative of it's quality. Its just a feel-good factor. You want to believe that the milder you make it, the less harm it will do to you, but you know that its just the same. Once lit, it surely will burn out, faster than you think. You can either choose to just sit and look at it while it slowly burns out right under your nose; OR you can take deep breaths and enjoy all of it. The closer is it to the end, the harder it will hit you. So take timely puffs and enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

rachna said...

MJS:

Hmmm.. you really are on a deeply-wild (or wildly-deep ??..)thinking track off late ;).

Talking about THE ONE - well, it is a very relative concept, just like our values, beliefs, and for that matter, what does 'love' means to one..

...Life is as simple and as complex as we make it :).

- rachna