Sunday, September 30, 2007

Quantifying the craziness…

Picking up the tag from Rayshma, I sit down to perform one of the very few things that I find difficult to do – list down my insanity.

The difficulty is attributed to 3 main reasons:

1. I like to believe I am perfect, and so there isn’t anything that I don’t love about me, including the insanity
2. My arrogance makes it difficult to accept my madness on a public forum
3. Ray asked me to limit it to ONLY 5, which is a mammoth task – includes a lot of thinking and organizing and reorganizing the list (anybody who knows me will vouch for it)

But, I am told that if someone tags you, it’s rude NOT to pick it up, so here I am. The quirkiness below follows no ranking; it is purely listed in the order of realization and I have tried to touch a different trait with each one...

1. It is eerie how Rayshma and I are SO similar – ref to the ‘meow’ and 'clawing' and ‘coriander’ reference on her post. Never seen so much similarity between two very different individuals. Almost ALL the restaurants that I frequent will not put coriander in my food, by default; and my ‘meow’ depends on (and also shows) the mood I am in… the ‘meow’ can range from purring to roaring, accompanied by clawing!!

2. I am 29 years of age, and yet whenever I am in a hypermarket or store, I spent maximum time in the stationary section. I just LOVE to be surrounded by pens, erasers, notebooks, pencils, crayons, post-its and what have you. I still use a pencil at work, and that too, the one painted with Disney characters.. Shhhhhhhh….. and I am VERY possessive about it (Thanks to Suruchi, she gifted it to me)

3. If I am hitching a ride with someone, I will NEVER put my laptop in the rear seat of the car – I will cling to it, even if I am sitting in front. Opening the rear door, dumping your laptop bag, and then sitting in the front seat, is a VERY personal gesture to me, and reserved to a very few cars (and car-walas)

4. This is my 4th job in 6 years. And unlike ALL others whom I have known, I NEVER find a new job and then quit. I always quit and then find a new job.

5. I can’t keep my eyes open in a moving vehicle IF I am not driving it; I ALWAYS fall asleep as if I was drugged. I don’t know what this is called – a distorted version of motion sickness – maybe. But when I am driving, I can go on without a break (and without blinking) for as long as 10 hours. I don't know how to explain this. Needless to say, I love driving, but my husband is paranoid of my so-called-motion-sickness.

I can go on and on and on, but since Ray (and many others) wanted me to limit myself to ONLY 5, I shall sign off!!!!

6 comments:

rayshma said...

u know... this AND u are eerie.
don't think u knew.. but i also LOVE stationery. esp post-its.
and i CAN'T stay awake in an aircraft. just can't!
i also do NOT put my laptop on the backseat if i'm sitting in the front. actly, i thot no1 does that... :(

anywez... GOOD list! u've mindf@#*ed me even further! :D

rayshma said...

thou shalt be awarded for being this mad... go chk my blog for detls.

Suruchi said...

Mrids update ur blog regularly! i love reading it...i really feel disappointed when u dnt write as frequently as resh!

MJS said...

Hey Suru,
Thanks. Well yes I do agree and also want to write more frequently. But then if u remember, Resh wasnt writing so often when she was working for Maalik!!!!! Does that give you a reason ;)

rayshma said...

oye.. bitches of the klub...
practice wot u preach, suruchi! i love reading ur blog too.
MJ - from wot i heard, u're admin! LOL!! u shud have time for trivial introspection like me.
and heyy... go pick thy award! i'll write a post canceling it otherwise!

rayshma said...

arre item! woh copy-paste karke apne blog par laga... either on the rite panel or as a post! didn't expect tech unsavviness from u! :P ab yeh post publish nahi karegii tab bhi chalega! :P