Thursday, September 20, 2007

I m loving it...

18th Sep:
- Running with my luggage to the airport to catch a midnight flight. (I have always hated these odd hour flights, but somehow I always end up with those - its the cost I guess)

- I usually travel very lite and carry just one cabin bag. This time, due to the odd hours, and the transit time, the lazy me decides to check in my one-n-only bag, carrying nothing but just a laptop with me.

19th Sep:
- Land at Dubai airport at 3.00 AM (yeah!! you heard it rite, 3 in the morning). Mentally preparing myself for a 10 hour long layover time at the airport. (Again, its the cost I assume).

- Trying to catch up on some sleep, bundling up on a cramped chair. Sprain my neck in the effort.

- at 8.00 am, I decide to buy some booze for myself. For the 1st time I spend $70 on booze (OK, OK ... not for the 1st time) and also buy some chocolates.

- At around 9.00 AM, Maalik decides that I should take a halt at Dubai, and hence I am "requested" to take a transit visa and get out at Dubai.

- From 9.00 am to 12.30 pm, I am running around the entire airport shuttling between arrivals and departure, trying to get myself a Transit visa and get my bag off-loaded from the Mumbai flight. For the 1st time (and maybe the last), I thanked God for the crappy size of Mumbai airport.

- At around 12.30 pm, my booze and chocolates are confiscated at the security counter. I still don't know why!!!!! My best guess - I was stepping out of the security counter, and the duty free is meant for departure. (OK I know this reason sucks, but I haven't a clue)

- Emirates tells me that my bag will take 3 hours to come out. I decide to go to the office and make use of the time.

- 9.00 PM and I am still without my bag, wearing the same clothes for the past 30 + hours. Emirates says I will get my bag in the morning

- 9.30 PM, I go to shop for something to wear the next day. And I have to buy every single piece of clothing for the next day. EVERY, if you know what I mean.

20th Sep:
- I call up Emirates every 2 hours to check on the status of my bag.

- 7.00 PM, Emirates said, I may get my bag tomorrow. If not, I have to report it missing, which means they will take their own sweet time finding it.

- 7.30 pm, I am still in office planning to go shopping for something to wear the next day.

The comments I received from people
- AAH says "sorry" (which is sweet of him given that it's not his fault - he only does what Maalik wants him to do - and there's nothing he can do about it)
- Maalik thinks I got a reason to shop for new clothes, and I should be happy.
- VS thinks I am an arse that I agreed to Maalik's idea in the 1st place. And that he has no sympathy for me coz its my fault. He also refuses to pay for ANY of my shopping.
- SR thinks I am an absolute idiot coz I agree to anything and everything. But SR also offers to send me money, which is very nice of him. He also calls up twice a day to check up on how I am coping up. Thanks for being there, dude .

I am absolutely clueless, helpless, with limited amount of resources to keep buying clothes, tired, angry, frustrated, annoyed, in a could-kill-anyone mood, pissed-with-myself ....

I M loving every single moment of this.....

9 comments:

rayshma said...

occur to u that it's the holy month of ramadan where u are? and u can't be gallivanting around with booze?

besides, i agree with VS AND maalik. whole-heartedly. :)
friendly advice: shop at splash. for EVERY clothing item reqd. sasta sundar tikau stuff! chk with me for directions, if reqd!

Anonymous said...

I agree with SR and VS's assessment. But just imagine how proud NR would be when he gets to know about how much you sacrifice for his company :) LG/Samsung/Sony ;)

Anonymous said...

Babes! Take a decision! How can u of all the people let anyone for that matter take u for a ride!Pls get back to being ur ownself.

MJS said...

Hi Anonymous 1, Yeah!!! In the name of the 'holy spirit' I shall live with everything!!!! ;)
Didn't get the LG/Samsung thing though! I know I am acting dumb, but after surviving for all these days, I am a little sloppy!!

MJS said...

Thanks Rayshma, but since VS refuses to pay for any of my shopping, and you know the inside story.. you would guess how much I could spend!!

MJS said...

Yeah Anonymous 2, you are SO right! I am ACTUALLY letting 'someone' walk over me, and it's SO unlike me. I for one, am hating myself for it.
Time for corrective action SOON, baby!!!!

rayshma said...

are u alright??
my mails are going unanswered too...!! getting worried now! :S

MJS said...

Hey.. I landed at early (like really early) morning today... finally good to be back home!
I didnt get any of your mails babes, which one are you referring to?

rayshma said...

no worries. all's well that ends well. as long as it ends.
also, u're tagged. :)