Friday, September 28, 2007

Baby Talk

Time: 8:15 in the morning
Mood: morning panick, again-late-for-office mood
Background: Radio is on, the song playing - "Suraj hai tu, mera chanda hai tu, haan meri aankho ka taara hia tu"
VS is busy shaving and complaining as to how men have a tough life, having to shave EVERYDAY (this is probably the only thing that I think he should do more often, and he wishes he could do it once a week.)

I am filling up warm water in the bucket to go in for a bath.
Suddenly I say - "I want a baby"
VS almost cut himself with the razor at this unexpected shock.

"Why?" he asks.

MJ: So that I can sing him this song, when u ditch me. (The song under consideration is the "suraj hai tu...")
VS: What? U want a baby so that u can sing to him?
MJ: (with a straight face) Yes, I will sing this song to him after you ditch me.
VS: But why will I ditch you?
MJ: YOU have to answer that!!!!
VS: But why do u think I will ditch you?
MJ: I just know you will.
VS: I have nothing to say to you..
MJ: See, now you don't even want to talk to me. That's why I believe you will ditch me.
VS: Whatever.... I don't want to talk about it.
MJ: So get me a baby, then I won't bother you.
VS: I Can't ruin some baby's life, just because you want to sing to him.
MJ: (Puppy face) You don't get me anything that I ask for..
VS: (The puppy face is working) Baby, what I am saying is that THIS isn't a good enough reason to have a baby.
MJ: (Eyes rolling) There is another reason as well....
VS: Which is???
MJ: When I hug you, you feel claustrophobic, he won't have an option!!!! I can hug him as much as I want.
VS: (Hugging me) I have my baby to take care of... you worry about yours.

By this time we are already late for office, so the conversation ends abrupty and both of us rush off, blaming each other for the delay!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good enough reason to take a day and weekend off and you idiots are thinking of getting late to office ? :)

rayshma said...

PLZ spare ur baby and don't sing such songs to it!
when u get pregnant.. lemme know... will mail u an excel sheet *in verdana* with tracks u can sing to it. ok??
also, given ur singing abilities, i'd suggest u not sing to it at all! but well, that's another PoV...:D

Suruchi said...

abe oye!! tu gane lagegi to bacha dar jayega!!