Thursday, June 28, 2007

"NO WATER"

There will be a few who will instantly relate to the title of this post; others will need to go through the trouble of reading this entire post.

There is this thing, very unique to my current office (actually there are many, but this one tops the list). The AC will never work in some parts of the building, suffocating you to death. At times, it can get so uncomfortable that I feel like I am sitting inside the boss’s cabin and its appraisal time. And mind you, the AC works just fine, at places (read ‘cabins’) where it matters!!
The heat forces you to gulp gallons of water (is that a polite way of letting me know that my skin doesn’t look radiant anymore and I need to start the ‘water therapy’????!!!!)

AND after you have stored enough water in your belly, to embarrass a camel; you will encounter the “no water” sign-board outside the loo!

I sometimes feel that the McDanolds outside the office bribes our house-keeping to ensure that there are regular visitors to their outlet. (More often than not, you will end up buying something out of courtesy, if you visit them for reasons stated above!!).

I often wonder if this is a trait unique to my office building, or does it have anything to do with the global problem of depleting natural resources!

Need I say anything about my current mood / state???

4 comments:

rayshma said...

there's a McD outside offc???? WOW!! yeh kab hua??!

MJS said...

Arre outside means the Phoenix one.. a slight walk, but its close nonetheless

rayshma said...

phoenix is far...:( i was unnecessarily envying u.. *sigh*
i hope u guys are "helping frank" to conserve electricity.. i have a solution.. cut down work hours... lol!! :))
p.s.: i still plead diplomatic immunity!

MJS said...

Sweetie,
You are one of the few ones I have known who enjoy diplomatic immunity (i know of only 2 others, and I dare not put you in the same category, or you will brutally murder me!!!! and Suru will vouch for this...LOL)

Well, cutting down the working hours is one option.. maintaining 'your' cool is another.. so the average temperature of the office is not SO high!!!