Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thats MY money!!!!



This is a picture of the pavement outside mahalaxmi station.

This pavement is built by the Mumbai goverment using MY tax money, for MY convenience so that I walk on it and can avoid the risk of being run-over by speeding traffic.

I take this road every day to and from office, and it KILLS me EVERYTIME to see my hard earned money being put to this use. The slums are coming up on this pavement growing like wild fire adding new inhabitants with each hour, while I still have to walk on the road and dodge the vehicles who speed up the moment they see someone walking down the road - as if to emphasize that roads are meant for vehicles and pavements are for pedestrians!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do they go? do u have a plan??they come to make the roads..but is there a place for them to stay but the roads or pavements.. sad u have to dodge the traffic and i hate that too.. maybe start a program to move them to a better place or atleast any other place where ordinary tax savers are not hassled by them and its no more an eyesore for u when u drive past them..

MJS said...

Yeah dude, right. They did ask me before coming to Mumbai. I invited them, and therefore it is MY moral responsibility to feed them!

Am sorry, but I DON'T believe in welfare. I wasn't born with a silver spoon. I slogged my arse out to get one. I didn't become a parasite, and hoped that someone will feed me!