Monday, November 20, 2006

What's your salary?

This is the nth time I have been asked this – “Don’t mind please, but what’s your salary?” And as always, I am left clueless as to how am I supposed to tackle this question diplomatically.

What comes to my mind is this – “You f$%#er, I am not a great friend of yours, nor do I intend to be one. It is my bloody problem to see how much I get paid.. and let me handle it. So why don’t you just mind your own f$%#ing business and leave my salary to my humble self.”

But what I end up saying is this - “Well, *a constipated smile*.. ahem… I guess it’s enough to keep me happy.. *smile*”

Just why cant people understand that there is a subtle line drawn at the work place. You are not supposed to ask such awkward questions amongst your colleagues. And if it’s your senior, you are surely NOT supposed to ask such awkward questions.

My dear, a friendly piece of advice.. I will not tell you, what my salary is today.. but I most certainly will decide yours when its appraisal time!!!!!

No comments: