Monday, November 06, 2006

Welcome home

I am back after the 2-month long self-imposed exile. People who care for me (or at least I think that they do) have been complaining about my disappearing act .. and the fact that I chose not to talk to anybody (it’s the “you could have talked to ‘ME’ at least!! I thought we were the closest buddies” kind of accusations).

Well.. I needed the time with myself … I needed the time away from everything else.. away from everyone else.. I needed to mourn the death of something… death of the goodness in me.

Just when I was learning to care; was beginning to be less cynical about life and people; just when I was transitioning from the formal ‘good-to-see-u-smile’ - that I have perfected over years in a sales role - to a broader ‘love-my-life’ smile – I crash landed into the “Fuck-I-care” zone, which I was so desperately trying to get out of.... It hurt a lot, I broke a few bones.. killed a few emotions.. but I survived. It was a painful and a slow recovery .. but I survived none-the-less.

I am fully recovered now, back in action.. and happily settled in my FIC zone.
Welcome home, MJS.

No comments: