Sunday, November 29, 2009

let's get filthy!

Ever wondered why they say-filthy rich or stinking rich?
I mean what's so filthy or dirty about being rich or having some extra money?

No this post isn't personal and I do not fall in that category, but I have nothing against those who do. In fact I kind of like them if they have reached the 'filthy' position on their own

I hope to someday be there. Someone once told me, 'you know you are rich when you don't look at the price tag'. How true! I always look at the price tags whenever I buy anything. And whether or not I like something is always a function of how much that thing costs and if it fits in the 'value for money' frame in my mind. Can I ever buy anything without thinking of its price? I don't know. Never had that much money! Even if I did, could I break free of my middle class mentality, only time will tell.

If I had the money, would I be happy? Can money bring me happiness, that's a debate I do not wish to enter. How much is too much, I will get to it when I have the money.

For now I just wish to be 'filthy' rich! And I am willing to stink!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is no doubt that you are filthy rich . . And i dont mind if you donate few hundred thousands to me :-)

Anonymous said...

time for appraisal?? Just kidding.

How are you doing?
Warm Regards,
Lincoln.

MJS said...

Baby, filthy I am.... Rich is debatable!!

@ Lincoln, nah no appraisal for me... Only work and more work!

Unknown said...

you are already filthy rich with friends who can drop diamonds as they walk around in office :)

Suruchi said...

Filthy rich!eh?!then u can burp,fart,sleep,snore and smoke in a ac room and all will bow and listen to you! power of a filthy rich you see!

MJS said...

@ Suruchi, LOL! I couldn't agree more.. now u know why I wish to stink!!!!

@ lincoln, yeah ..why do u know I befriended them ;) so that i could pick up a few diamonds when they drop some!!!!

rayshma said...

i guess i can't u'stand the need here... money, somehow, doesn't seem that important. as yet, at least.