Monday, April 20, 2009

A toast to my husband

Finally we have Dimpy in our lives. Our princess arrived last sunday - on 12th April 2009. Suddenly she is the pivot of our world; I guess it's the same with all parents :)

Now that I am done with my pregnancy and am holding my bundle of joy, I have some time at hand, in between her naps and diapers (Dimpy doesn't give me a lot of time, but still any amount of me-time is always important)

I hereby wish to publicly raise a toast to my husband. I owe it to him for having put up with my tantrums and mood swings for the past 9 months.

Looking back, I do realize that I have been a pain in the arse; being the perfectionist that I am, the pregenancy hormones just made it worse! (not that I am any better human being now, I was, still am, and will always remain a certified bitch)

- When I was trying to cope with my own mood swings, he smiled through them all with no complaints
- When I was busy screaming about my weight gain, he was there telling me that I look cute (in his own not-so-romantic way)
- When I was spending long hours at work, he was at home every evening, trying to make it special for me
- When everyone thought I was being nasty and bitchy, he was busy reading pregnancy books to identify why I behave the way I do
- When I insisted that I cannot take a day off at work, he took time off to drop me at work coz I was too pregnant to drive
- When it was embarrasing to go out for a coffee with me, given the way I looked, he held my hand and was proud to be seen with me
- When I felt like shouting for no reason, he always listened
- When I criticized him, he only told me to be calm and tried harder to keep me happy
- When in rage I told him I don't love him at all, he just smiled and said he was sure I will come back to him always

He was right, as always. No matter what, I will go back to him. He is the only one who has stood by me when I have been the most lonely soul on earth.

He has stood by me at all times, the worst ones being the most important. He was there when I was heart broken, he was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. He has been a true friend indeed - for 9 years now. And I am happy that I married my best friend.

5 comments:

rayshma said...

VERY cute post, this one.

and erm... he's put up with ur mood swings and tantrums for 9 YEARS, not months! :)

Suruchi said...

don't have words for this post :-)!you have finally grown up!

MJS said...

Hi Ray, well.. yes he may be putting up with me for 9 years now.. but that was a choice he made ;).. marrying the bitch!!..

It's the past 9 months that have been the toughest! ... He could have screamed back at me and told me that it's no big deal that I am preg, all women go through this at some time and that I wanted the baby.. but he didn't.. that's why the toast!

MJS said...

Suruchi,
:)
Grown up?! I don't know how long this will last :D
I may go back to my bookish, unrealistic self tomorrow, but this is how I feel right now!

Suruchi said...

wish this lasts forever!