Monday, August 24, 2009

some times, some relationships....

Was speaking with an old old friend... he complained of my disappearing act, and that I haven't been in touch. I told him that I knew... he asked me why I was running away and from what... and I told him that I don't know why; why am I running away; why have I failed to be the rock, why haven't I decided to face it, why for once have I not been able to handle it.. why have I been so vulnerable.

I don't know why, but I do know that I need time. There is nothing that I can't handle, and this should be no exception. This isn't arrogance, this is confidence.

But then I told him something that I truly believe in... I told him that some relationships do not need us to talk or meet regularly.. we could talk after 10 years and start from where we left.. it is a privilege that we share that sort of a relationship. It is indeed a pleasure to know that I have friends like that.

Friends who don't judge me; friends who love me irrespective; friends who love me for what I am and not for what I do; friends who never say "shit, how could u do this"; friends who always say, "it's OK babes, its all good, it will be fine".
I hope it will be fine. I miss my friends. I miss a very important part of my life.

some truths are never to be told; some people never to let go; some mistakes never to be corrected; some memories never to be faded; some times never to be forgotten; some wounds never to be healed.

No comments: