Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Adventures of Venom - 5!!!

Day 5 – 16th November
----------------------------------------

The day starts late. We wake up at 930 AM. And then the rush begins. What about the Taj Mahal plan!! Weren’t we supposed to leave at 600 AM. Everyone conveniently blame me for being a lazy bum! Oh yeah rite, so I am the one who over slept! And what about you all? As if you are ready to leave!

I forgot to mention that my brother was also at my friend’s place in Delhi (Gurgaon). And whenever VS and my bro are together, their favorite pass time is to bitch about me and how lazy I am and how VS is a gentleman coz he copes up with me …. and …. and ….. and…...

We finally manage to leave at around 1200 noon. By the time we are on our way, its already 1230, thanks to some shopping on the way – essentials you see – you have to be prepared for that if you are traveling with a 10-month old baby!!!! (Friend’s dumbo, not mine)…

Getting on the highway takes us a lot more time than was expected. That happens when you don’t know the way, and think that you do, and you claim that you do, and try bragging about a short-cut!!!! No, I wasn’t driving, it was my friend. Actually my fren’s hubby, but since he has become so close to us that he is also counted as one of our frens! And what makes it interesting is that he is as crazy as I am!! (And my fren is as sane as VS is, so it’s a purrrrfect jodi!!!)

As everyone had predicted, I doze off to sleep as soon as we leave home (actually I manage to keep awake for good 15 minutes). I don’t know of what happened while I was sleeping so I shall skip it – VS can narrate it better! I am shaken awake at around 4.00 when we stop for lunch at a Dhaba on the highway. The break is much needed. We have good food – that’s one thing I really miss in Mumbai. Though I am a Maharashtrian by birth, I have been born and brought up in north of India, and that explains my liking for north-Indian food!

We reach Agra at around 600 PM. We head straight to the Taj Mahal. We notice that it was unusually less crowded. “It’s the evening chill” VS tells me. I am surely excited at the thought of watching Taj Mahal at near moon-light and having a good view in absence of the maddening crowd. We quickly park our car in the lot, and jump out.

An annoying shrill sound hits our ear-drums – “Kahan jaana hai?”
What a funny question – “Ab yahan aaye hain to Taj Mahal hi jaana hia”.
I am sure I saw a smirk on that fat face. “Aaj Friday hai”.
“Haan maloom hai ki aaj Friday hai”. Now, what’s THAT got to do with this? I am losing cool now!!!
“Haan to Friday ko Taj Mahal band rehta hai”

WHAT!!!!! SAY THAT AGAIN. Says who? I want to know. We stand there for the next 10 minutes, not knowing what to do.... But there nothing that anyone can do about it
We are all hysterical by now.. Giggling and laughing at ourselves – driving down 220 Kms to figure out that we cant see the Taj Mahal!!!!

We paid 50 bucks to a Tangawala to take us some place from where we can get a glimpse of Taj Mahal. We stand at the roof of a 2 storyed building looking at the monument hidden behind trees.

We just click some snaps of this disaster…. Buy a small marbel Taj Mahal souvenir and head back.
I sleep all the way back. We stop by at McDonalds for a quick meal. We reach home at around 1130 – way back is much faster.

We drink till 200 AM and doze off to sleep.

Day 5 ends… nothing achieved at the end of the day.

2 comments:

Suruchi said...

well!lesson learnt for the day :)! friday ko Taj Mahal band rehta hai..hmm good input for someone like me too!

rayshma said...

of course achieved! "taj mahal friday ko bandh rehta hai!" if u hadn't told us, we'd never have known!
this can be counted as ur bit towards 'education of the learned illiterates'