Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Radio: Music vs Ads

Coming to work is a pain... driving to work is a pain in the a$%e.
My drive to and from work is 2 hours each way - WOW! I spend one-sixth of my day driving!!!!

Now, don't get me wrong - I LOVE driving. It's just the traffic that kills me. And what better way to kill time than listen to music. Talking of music, I am still an ardent radio fan as opposed to the CDs. I love the feel of not knowing which song will play next and the random mix of moods.

And I switch stations everytime there is an ad playing. And I always wonder if everyone does the same.

I tune in to a particular station coz I like the kind of music they play. And when more people tune in, the station becomes popular. And when the station becomes popular, they get more ads. And given the limited time, more ads = less music. So people like me start to leave.
And then the station becomes unpopular = less ads = more music. Then I
tune in again!!!

OK I am confused - Will someone please explain it to me
How does this whole thing work???????

2 comments:

rayshma said...

and then u have people like me. who watch d telly or listen to radio to check brand ad-spends and actually think of whether & how they cud utilize that to plug-in our services!

rayshma said...

r u alive???
all well, i hope...??