Thursday, August 30, 2007

How things change…

A few people have the ability to change / influence your decisions, without the intention or the knowledge of it….

Every time I make up my mind on this one particular thing, this man comes in, throws a few words around and changes everything for me – and he doesn’t even know that I am listening to him. And whatever he says has nothing to do with what I have in my mind. He doesn’t know and couldn’t care less about what I think, and I am not even sure he knows that I exist.

The charisma around him and the way he talks makes me begin to wonder if I should not trust my gut feel at all, and just believe every word he utters. Its like… when he is talking, everyone around him is non-existent, he believes in every word he says and lives every moment, he is so passionate about his work and ideas that you start believing in him from the moment his words fall on your (deaf) ears. When he says he will change things, you buy it almost before he completes his sentence, and then wait patiently as if he could change the world at the snap of his fingers. He can weave visions and goals out of nothing at all; and has the amazing ability to make you visualize those dreams almost as passionately as him.

I put him under (1) (expect that I will never let him know) and almost nothing will ever change my respect for him, in spite of all the stuff that he did or did not do.

And then he is gone, just as abruptly as he came. And leaves you as confused as ever.

I have done this before, but not again. This time I will trust my gut feel.

……….. I will leave a few dots here, and leave it to people to ‘connect the dots’.

2 comments:

rayshma said...

u've summed up things really, really b'fully.
and.........
....all the best, babes....!

Suruchi said...

U R CONFUSED????