Friday, March 06, 2009

I am off!

I go off work from 15th March… at least for some time… say 3 – 4 months or maybe even 6.

I am so looking forward to the break. This is the 1st time in God knows how many years that I will be taking a break from hectic, senseless, mindless, 9am-11pm routine in life. There is so much I need to do .. wake up at 1030 am (if I get to sleep at night that is!), just lying around in the bed.. have a bath at 1:00 pm.. late lunches.. lazy afternoons, evening movies, books.. blah blah blah..

On the other hand, long breaks scare me. Being the workaholic that I am, I am not sure how I will cope up with just sitting at home and not attending office at all! Haven’t done it before.. 7-10 days between jobs is fine.. but months seem just too long.
Also, what awaits me during the break (and for a lifetime after that) is more time-consuming, hectic and stressful. I may not have any time for my plans at all! Who knows!

But I am sure that it won’t be senseless. Even if it’s stressful, I look forward to the stress. I may not get any sleep, but I look forward to the sleepless nights….
I look forward to one tiny creature calling me mummy.

5 comments:

rayshma said...

next update will be dimpy saying hello?!

rest, gurl... i guess u need it! :)

MJS said...

Nah, the next update will be sooner than that!
I am sure with nothing to do at home, here is where I will vent out.

And yes, I do need rest. This morning even the doc told me that I was being extremely stupid and that I should just sit at home and relax if I wanted a healthy kid. Has scraed me enuf to pack my bags and get off work sooner!

rayshma said...

all the best, babes... do take care!
muah!

Indefatigable said...

yooooooooooooohaaaaaaaa !

mridu mommy ! thats what i will call you from now on !

cheers !
my buddy has done a good job :D

u take good care of the little one .... he( she ) is going to be taking a lot of " atta boris " on my back

bless you guys !

MJS said...

Thanks indefatigable..

but, err.. ahem... I guess you forgot to mention your name?!!