Friday, May 11, 2007

To be or not to be!

Remember how Dad always used to say – “you shouldn’t do something you don’t think you should”.
OK the question is this - Should you continue writing when you start thinking – “Should I write this?” Does it count for ‘free thought’? Is anything that is written with manipulated thought, worth writing? Are you being true to your self with that?

Well, I was in midst of writing something, and then I stopped, read what I had written, and for the first time, I thought - "I think I should rephrase it, this makes me sound arrogant". And that is when it struck me - since when have I started worrying about how will anyone react to what I have to say? I post on this blog bacause I want to - NOT because anyone else wants to read it - I honestly don't (and shouldn't) care!!!
I guess it's easier to write when you don't know who is reading it!!

Maybe I should stop writing for a while. I will. I will come back when I have the balls to write what I want to.

6 comments:

Gaurav said...

well this means that I will have to wait for a while to get another piece of your mind..

not a worry ... after all its your mind and i want it genuine
so you can take your time and write whenever you feel like....

Anonymous said...

Don't stop writing ... Someone will be real upset if you stop writing ;)

MJS said...

Gaurav,
Well I guess you will have to wait for some time.. I don't know how long.. But i assure you I will be back sooner than later!!!! I can't stop talking you see!!! :D

MJS said...

Anonymous,
(Actually I know who u r!!)...
Yeah, I agree that 'someone' will get really upset..LOL...
But didn't I say - "Its easier to write when you don't know who is reading it"

rayshma said...

hmm... i don't think u shud let "someone" cramp ur style.
p.s.: i agree... it's easier when u don't know!

MJS said...

Yeah... I have been trying to write.. but haven't managed to be completely honest.. and if i am not ABSOLUTELY honest with my thots, its not worthed!