Friday, September 08, 2006

....

“I feel nothing of the kind. I owe you an apology. I don’t usually let things happen to me. I made a mistake this time. I shouldn’t have waited for you to throw me out. I should have left long ago.”

- from “The fountainhead” by Ayn Rand

I couldn't help mentioning this line here. When I read this.. everything was so clear.. and I knew that I couldn't blame anyone else but me. And it felt strange and disgusting that I had forgotten the underlying principal of my life... I have always lived by my rules.. and I guess I needed something written down by someone else, to remind me of them!!!

“I’ve given up, and I am not afraid. Only there’s something I would like to understand. And I don’t think anyone can explain it. You see, I know it’s the end for me. I know it, but I can’t quite believe it, I can’t feel it. It’s so strange. There’s your life. You begin it, feeling that it’s something so precious and rare, so beautiful that it’s like a sacred treasure. Now it’s over, and it doesn’t make any difference to anyone, and it isn’t that they are indifferent, it’s just that they don’t know what it means, that treasure of mine, and there’s something about it that they should understand. I don’t understand it myself, but there’s something that should be understood by all of us. Only, what is it? …What?” -

- from “We the Living” by Ayn Rand

2 comments:

Suri said...

Hmm I read somewhere... I think its in the book called "The Road Less Travelled " by Scott Peck.

Life s miseries mostly are caused by laziness . Laziness towards things that should be done at the time they should be done. Its almost always certain that we become sad by looking at the things that were left undone ..not merely the things but our attitude / lazy outlook towards the things that made them remain undone

And again My Marketing Guru used to say... its easier to DO than NOT TO DO and try justifications to not doing and its upto you to CHOOSE...

This simple poem by Unknown author says the same ..
===============
IF I KNEW
===============
(In memory of those who lost their lives and those they left behind)

If I knew it would be the last time
That I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly
and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time
that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss
and call you back for one more.

If I knew it would be the last time
I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action and word,
so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute
to stop and say "I love you,"
instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

If I knew it would be the last time
I would be there to share your day,
Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow
to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance
to make everything just right.

There will always be another day
to say "I love you,"
And certainl! y there's another chance
to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,
and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you
and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time
for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone,
what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them
and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."
And if tomorrow never comes,
you'll have no regrets about today.

kwaldia said...

Not here to write anything on what you wrote....Just here to tell you that you have mentioned one of my Favorite authors...How I stumbled on Ayn Rand was cause every "similar to me" person I met told me to read "Fountainhead". I did...And that is how my love story with "Ayn Rand" started....

For me however, "Atlas Shrugged" was the favorite...

Just here to wonder openly......How did we not discuss Ayn Rand during all the time...How did we miss that ;)